It's wet and the temperature difference between the air and pool is on the extreme side (30+ degrees), so practice is cancelled for today. Enjoy your holiday weekend and the coaches will see you Tuesday morning.
I want to personally thank all the parents that helped volunteer last night at our first Intrasquad meet. It is always tough getting back into the summer swim season and then we helped complicate things by changing a few processes. All our parents are amazing and you helped ensure our meet run smoothly for the kids. It was great to have our new parents involved and we look forward to all of your continued support in our future meets. It takes all of us working together to make our swimmers successful. Please let us know if you have any questions. Also provide us feedback if you have suggestions on how to make the Gators more efficient.
Posted by GMST at 6:43:00 PM
Posted by David Anderson at 10:39:00 AM
Parents, we need your help so don't be shy about volunteering. There are still plenty of open spots to sign up for to support your kids and team at the intrasquad meet tomorrow night. Please use the sign-up link on the right-hand side of the page under Next Event.
Posted by David Anderson at 8:55:00 PM
Parents & swimmers, upper division practice for this Thu & Fri (26-27 May) only will start at 7am instead of 6:30am. Get some extra rest!
Posted by David Anderson at 8:49:00 PM
We are getting into the beginning of our summer swim season. Please remember if you have not registered for the summer swim team yet please do so (follow the link under summer swim team registration on the right hand side of the blog). We are happy to see many new and returning faces. Also, we know sometimes you get busy and forget to check the blog for updates. If you subscribe to our blog it will send you an email each day the blog has a new post and/or like our Facebook page and we post updates here too.
The coaches and board members would like to give you important information for the week of May 23rd.
- Monday and Tuesday we will continue with after school swim practice (4:30-8:00pm based on age division)
- Wednesday we will host our first Intrasquad meet.
- This meet will start at 5:30pm with warm-up beginning at 5:00pm.
- All swimmers need to sign-up for the 2 events they are going to swim by the end of practice on Tuesday. These sign-up sheets are at the pool.
- Parents we are going to need your help running this meet so please see the link on the right hand side to help volunteer.
- Dinner can be served at the pool! The swim club will have hamburger and hotdog meals available to purchase during the meet.
- BIG CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going to begin morning practice on Thursday May 26th and May 27th. (There will be no Evening practice on Thursday, May 26th; these will begin the following week as originally scheduled)6:30-8:00am 13 & up8:00-9:00am 10-12 year olds9:00-10:00am 9 year olds9:00-9:45am 8 & unders
Posted by Jennifer Friedrichs at 10:19:00 PM
We are excited to continue our Big/Little buddy program. The purpose of the Big/Little buddy swim program is to help younger swimmers transition into becoming Gators and to help them navigate swim meets. The program also fosters team spirit, family and camaraderie by connecting the older swimmers with the younger ones. Big buddies are generally 13&older while Little buddies are 12&under. This partnership should focus on team unity, spirit and sportsmanship. The buddy program is not about elaborate gifts-it is about being a supportive teammate!
There is no requirement that swimmers participate in the buddy program but we strongly encourage everyone to participate. The coaching staff will organize the buddy program and pair swimmers together. Once buddies are assigned (hopefully by June 1st at the tie-dye party) we expect the Big buddies to introduce themselves and get to know their buddy.
Responsibilities of buddies include but are not limited to:
- meeting your buddy and introducing yourself
- greet your buddy at each meet
- Big buddies help Little buddies at meets with event numbers
- Create something for your buddy: write a note, draw a picture, make a friendship bracelet
- CHEER, CHEER, CHEER, CHEER and CHEER!!!
- Congratulate your buddy after their swim
Posted by GMST at 7:08:00 PM
Hello swimmer families,
I don't think Mother Nature got the memo that it is the end of May and we are starting summer swim team. It is hard to think about summer when it isn't sunny and raining outside.
We are scheduled to start after school swim practice tomorrow, Wednesday the 18th. We are still waiting for confirmation from the Swim Club that the pool is ready and we need to decide what the weather will be like. Please check the blog and/or our Facebook page to see if practice will be held. A decision will be made for 4:00pm on if we will have practice or not.
This weeks schedule (5/18-5/20):
Afternoon swim practice is scheduled for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
All practices will be held at Green Mountain Swim Club
Next weeks schedule (5/23-5/27):
Afternoon swim practice is scheduled for Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
First Intrasquad meet is scheduled for Wednesday, May 25th
Warm-ups begin at 5:00pm and the meet will start at 5:30pm
Swimmers must sign-up for their events by the end of practice on Tuesday. Swimmers may sign-up for 2 events.
No practice on Friday, May 27th as the pool will open this evening
Regular scheduled summer practices (morning and evening) begin Tuesday, May 31st
If you have not signed up please go to the Blog and sign your swimmer up. Please print and complete all the required forms.
Please plan on bringing your swimmers forms and payment to the first practice. If you have already mailed these please disregard this.
Posted by Jennifer Friedrichs at 3:35:00 PM