2010 FSA Division II League Champions

Welcome to the Gator blog! All things swim team are posted here.

7.26.2015

State and Team Movie Night

Hello Gators!!

Today marked the last day of racing for the summer, and I can't even begin to express how proud I am of everyone who swam this weekend. Last year at State we got third place overall, which I believe was the best the team had ever done. After League this past weekend, I felt very confident in our swimmers going into State, but this weekend exceeded all of my expectations. This weekend our Gators came ready to race; we had lots of huge time drops and best times, several new Gator records, some outright unbelievable swims, but most impressively, the team came together to place SECOND out of 51 teams in the state. I am so, so excited and so, so proud of you all!

I also want to give a special thank you to Porter and Ethan. They both did an outstanding job this season, and I really couldn't have done it without them. Porter was a great help during the early morning practice, and did an excellent job running the middle practice every day. He helped keep practices fun and kept everyone smiling. Once again, Ethan did an amazing job working with the 9 and unders during the last practice. He brought a great energy to the pool each morning and all of the swimmers loved him! I saw huge improvement in all of the swimmers that Porter and Ethan worked with, and I am both impressed by and proud of both of them.

My last announcement for the evening is about our celebratory MOVIE NIGHT! The movie night will be held at GMSC this Tuesday, July 28. We will plan on getting to the pool around 8 or 8:15pm, and the movie will start at 8:30. We will have snack food available, but please feel free to bring your own food as well. Pick up time for parents will be around 10pm once the movie is done. I'm really looking forward to another fun night with the team! See you all then!

Excellent job this summer! Jaimie

No comments: