2010 FSA Division II League Champions

Welcome to the Gator blog! All things swim team are posted here.

4.26.2008

the news.

It's official: I'm New Orleans bound!

I received my official D.C. rejection letter today (it was pretty uplifting, considering its content) meaning I will be in NO/Phoenix for the majority of the summer. It's an incredible opportunity and even though I know I'm missing out back home, I've never been this excited.

That, of course, means I won't be back for this season. I haven't yet spoken with Sandy or Dave (I reward my loyal readers...) but I know they've been actively looking for a few weeks now and should have someone new named in the very near future.

So that doesn't mean I won't see anyone again, I'm still around until June 10 and will close out the winter clinics on Sundays.

And I'll keep blogging. Probably not on this site (it will be up to the new coach if they want to continue this or not) and probably not on GMST...but somewhere you can still stay up with me and what I'm doing, should you choose!

That's all, I'll see many of you tomorrow at clinics!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn, I wish you didn't have to leave but I guess I'll get over it. I have questions though. Is this new guy gonna be head coach or will Richard get it? and Are you staying in New Orleans for a long time or just for this year? By the way I think it's cool that you are going to New Orleans of all places :)

Luke Morin said...

To answer your questions, anonymous commenter, Richard IS the new head coach (congrats to him), New Orleans IS a 2 year commitment (who knows what'll happen after that) and I think it's pretty cool too.

Anonymous said...

Ok, well at least Richard will be the new head coach. If the new coach doesn't want to continue this blog cant you just keep posting on it to keep things simple? (or do you have to get a new place to keep people updated?)

Luke Morin said...

as for this blog, I think Rich is planning on continuing it because it's pretty much awesome...

But I will start blogging somewhere else (I'll let you know where) and I'll secretly keep my identity on this blog and sneak in an update on occasion, just don't tell coach Rich (we all know he doesn't read the blog anyways...)