2010 FSA Division II League Champions

Welcome to the Gator blog! All things swim team are posted here.

6.02.2007

Congrats swimmers!

Congratulations to everyone who swam today in a resounding victory over the Wheat Ridge Pihranas! To be fair, they're a much smaller club, but you guys kicked butt!



I was also thrilled to see all of the contributions our brand new swimmers were able to make and I'm very excited about the future potential for everyone!



A few moments that stuck out in my mind -



- Jessica Way losing goggles and a cap during a race - and never slowing down

- The return of the Moore girls - Olivia and Gabrielle swimming their first meets after a season (or multiple season) hiatus and not missing a beat

- Tristan Debrunner's well earned 6-second drop in the 50 free after a very hard working winter (he made more clinics than I did...)

- A preview of whats to come of an elite upper division squad. Hey boys, how's a state relay title sound?

- Cassidy Stein's debut as a 50 swimmer, showing that the 8-to-9 jump isn't unkind to everyone...

- Jessica Lucero having a bit of a breakthrough meet and showing a bit of competitive fire we haven't seen before

- Dylan Jacob crushing the state time in the 100 free by 11 seconds in our first meet of the year. Wow.

- Baily Sherrard stepping up and swimming a distance freestyle program (including that nasty 200) and showing some real grit

- All of our new swimmers (including a huge group of ultra-tough 8-unders, some CARA transfers and a few league veterans) coming out and competing hard for the team!



We had a lot more special races but these ones were really great to me. I hope everyone had as much fun as the coaches today!



A side note - we had a few no call/no shows today. Remember that when you sign up for a meet, we put you on relays and expect you to show! It's certainly understandable that things happen and sometimes a kid is forced to miss, but please e-mail me (I checked my e-mail as late as midnight last night) or call the club so we know what's going on and we can make adjustments!



I'd also like to take a minute to re-emphasize the importance of being on time for warm-up! 12-unders must be READY to go at 6 because they only swim until 6:15. I still expect the upper division to be there at 6 because that group arguably needs more warm-up time (longer events!) and you can't run off of 5 minutes of warm-up. Make sure you AND your kids are ready to go! Cards can wait until AFTER warm-up for home meets (get em done before warm-up on the road, 6:30-7:00 warm-ups then.)



I promise I'll post results and perhaps best times as well as soon as I have them (and as soon as I figure out how to do it...)



Stay tuned...Have a great weekend! We'll see everyone at morning practice Monday!



No comments: